Suited for Intermediate Users
LulzBot TAZ 6
Engineers, designers, educators, and makers agree: The LulzBot TAZ 6 is the most reliable, easiest-to-use desktop 3D printer ever, featuring innovative self-leveling and self-cleaning, and a modular tool head design for flexible and multi-material upgrades. With proven 3D printing technology and one of the largest print volumes in its class, the LulzBot TAZ 6 is ready to work.
3D printing is more reliable than ever with the integrated automatic bed leveling system, all metal LulzBot v2 Hot End, and heated PEI print surface. With the all metal hot end, you can take advantage of the cutting edge market for new materials. Perfect for both large and small objects, the heated PEI build surface keeps your 3D printed objects in place when hot and releases when cool. With Cura LulzBot Edition, you have hundreds of quickprint profiles built in for seamless 3D printing.
- LulzBot Mini 3D Printer
- Print Surface: Heated borosilicate glass bed covered with PEI print surface. Separate bed preparation is recommended when printing with flexible filaments, which can be found on the Flexystruder and FlexyDually Tool Head pages respectively.
- Print Area: 280 mm x 280 mm x 250 mm (11.02 in x 11.02 in x 9.8 in)
- Print Volume: 19,600 cm3 (1,185 in3) of usable space
- Top Print Speed: 200 mm/sec (7.9 in/sec)
- Average Print Speed: 30 – 50 mm/sec (1.18 – 1.97in) Using default nGen profile
- Layer Thickness with 0.5 mm nozzle: 0.050 mm to 0.5 mm (0.002 in – 0.02 in)
- Capable Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, bronze, copper, stainless steel-filled filaments, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, PC-ABS, Alloy 910, and more every day.
- Discouraged Materials: 3D printing with carbon fiber filaments is not recommended at this time because carbon fiber filaments can degrade both the nozzle and hot end of the LulzBot TAZ 6 Tool Head.
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3 mm (0.1 in)
- Multi-Software Compatible: Freedom to use any number of 3D printing software programs, Cura LulzBot Edition ships standard! Other compatible Free Software options include OctoPrint, BotQueue, Slic3r, Printrun, MatterControl, and many more.
Warranty and Support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- One-year warranty
- One-year customer support
- Additional 1, 2, or 3 Year Extended Warranty Available!
- Overall Dimensions: 66 cm x 52 cm x 52 cm (26 in x 20.47 in x 20.47 in)
- Operating Dimensions: : 82 cm x 63 cm x 52 cm (32.28 in x 24.8 in x 20.47 in)
- Unboxed Weight: 14.97 kg (33 Lb)
- Shipping Weight: 19.5 kg (43 Lb)
- Power Requirements: 100 – 240 VAC
- Power Output: 24 volt 500 watts 21 amp
- Average Current Draw: 5.3 Amps (US), 2.65 Amps (EU)
- Example Power Consumption: ABS
~ 0.239kWh, 30 minute print
~ 0.450 kWh, 60 minute print
- Maximum Draw: 625 watts
- Operating Temperature Range
- Maximum Tool Head Temperature: 300°C (572°F)
- Maximum Heated Bed Temperature: 120°C (248°F)
- Your TAZ 3D printer package includes:
LulzBot TAZ 6 3D printer with integrated 24V power supply
- 30 day money-back guarantee
Your TAZ 3D printer package includes:
- LulzBot TAZ 6 3D printer with integrated 24V power supply
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- One-year warranty and support
- LulzBot Hexagon Hot End Tool Head with 0.50mm Nozzle
- Quick Setup Guide
- 4GB SD Card
- Filament Feed tube
- Toolkit bag
- 15 Piece Metric Hex Key Set
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Standard Precision Knife
- Dental Pick
- Part Removal Knife (clam knife)
- Metric Ruler
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print. Also includes an in depth manual on using Cura LulzBot Edition, the recommended software for controlling your 3D printer
- Filament is not included
OPTIONAL TOOL HEAD UPGRADES
The LulzBot TAZ 6 boasts multiple tool head upgrade options such as the Flexystruder for reliable printing of flexible filaments and the Dual Extruder and FlexyDually tool heads, for two-color or multi-material 3D printing. The LulzBot TAZ 6 utilizes an open filament format. This means you have the freedom to choose from dozens of leading and new materials, with over 300 quickprint profiles in Cura LulzBot Edition out-of-the-box. You can learn how your robot works, make modifications, and share with the community.
LARGE PRINT VOLUME
The LulzBot TAZ 6 has a build volume nearly the size of a basketball so you can make huge 3D prints, or 3D print many objects in a single print run, right on your desktop. Like the generations before it, the TAZ 6 boasts a spacious 280mm x 280mm x 250mm (11 in x 11 in x 9.8in) print area with a heated print surface.
TAKE YOUR LULZBOT TAZ TO THE NEXT LEVEL
LulzBot Desktop 3D printers are certified by the Free Software Foundation (www.FSF.org) and meet the Open Source Hardware definition (www.OSHWA.org), meaning you can see it all, from the bill of materials down to the software source code. Our LulzBot 3D printer was the first hardware product, and remains the only 3D printer brand, to receive the Free Software Foundation’s Respect Your Freedom certification and meet the Open Source Hardware definition.
This means your LulzBot TAZ uses proven technology developed collaboratively. It also means you are free to adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing industry, from new software programs to experimental materials.
- One Year of Support and Warranty Included
- Extended Warranty Available!
- TAZ 6 Unboxing Guide
- TAZ 6 Operations Guide
- TAZ 6 User Manual
- Cura LulzBot Edition
- Service Bulletins
- TAZ Downloads Page
- Product Brochure
- 3D Model Attribution
- Support: LulzBot TAZ 6
“With it’s self-leveling and self-cleaning mechanisms, along with a large build envelope of 280×280×250mm, the TAZ 6 is a workhorse printer that will produce excellent prints consistently. The TAZ 6 also comes equipped with the v2 Hot End, capable of printing in a wide variety of materials ranging from general purpose plastics to conductive PLA and ABS, Nylon, Polycarbonates and Alloy 910.”
~ 3D Printer Guide 2018, 3D Hubs
“The TAZ 5 represented the state of the art for FDM 3D printing, and the TAZ 6 does nothing to lose that crown. It is the best FDM 3D printer we have tested. While print quality remains the same, the TAZ 6 is more reliable and easier to use than its predecessor. Plus, the self-leveling print bed and extruder cleaner make printing more consistent and reliable. … The TAZ 6, though, is the king of the hill when it comes to 3D printing for the well-heeled enthusiast, experimenter or professional who wants fast, reliable 3D printing.”
~ Richard Baguley, Tom’s Guide
“Even if you’re new to printing, there really is nothing to fear as everything you need to set up and use the LulzBot TAZ 6 is in the box, from print tool kit to printed guides.”
~ Alastair Jennings, Techradar.com
“The LulzBot TAZ 6 scored very high for build quality and reliability, and that’s not surprising given the fact it received reviews describing it as “built like a tank” and “it’s metal body is rock solid.” Furthermore, users of the TAZ 6 have almost unanimously given it 5 stars for print quality.”s.”
~ 3D Printer Guide 2017, 3D Hubs
“The LulzBot TAZ 6 is, in my opinion, the most complete 3D printer currently on the market.”
~ Brent Hale, 3DForged.com
“The auto-leveling system brought over from the LulzBot Mini is an incredibly powerful feature that will save the user a lot of headaches and downtime due to bed leveling issues.”
~ Joel Telling, 3D Printing Nerd
“The LulzBot TAZ 6 is clearly the pinnacle of development of the LulzBot TAZ printer line, with hassle-free printing due to its auto leveling and nozzle cleaning. The TAZ 6 is great for beginners and advanced users alike.”
~ James Bruton, XRobots (LulzBot Sponsored)
“The LulzBot TAZ 6 has been the single best out-of-the-box experience of any 3D printer I’ve ever used… Every detail feels like it’s been purposefully put there. Nothing is out of place.”
~ Thomas Sanladerer, 3D Printing Expert