KODAK Portrait 3D Printer
Additive Manufacturing made easy
All Metal Structure
Easy to Use
One Click Printing Profile
Powerful Slicing Engine
Our dual extrusion with automatic nozzle lifting includes easily swappable PTFE and all-metal hotends for optimal performance with each material.
A solid all-steel structure, filament cases and an enclosed chamber capable of monitoring temperature makes for a repeatable 3D printing experience.
Access our remote management platform, powered by 3DPrinterOS, via Wi-Fi or the LAN port to slice online, monitor your prints, store and share files, administer a print farm and download over-the-air updates, among other functions.
For use in offices, factories or educational institutions, the enclosed chamber with air filtration keeps toxic particles and unwanted odors inside the printer, while keeping fingers away from hot, moving parts.
The fully enclosed print chamber lets you print with more advanced materials such as ABS and Nylon, that would warp in an open printer, especially large objects.
In terms of safety, except for PLA, most materials should be printed with a closed chamber with eﬀective air filtering to prevent irritating and toxic fumes and smells.
Adding an enclosure to a printer that was not designed that way introduces potential heating problems and aﬀects print profiles that were not designed for that environment.
Filaments absorb humidity from the air, even after only a few hours. We provide sealed protective cases for our filaments that prevent humidity and dust from aﬀecting the print quality.
The KODAK Portrait features a dual extrusion system engineered for multi-material compatibility, consisting of several components:
- Lifting hot ends: by lifting it out of the way, the passive hotend will not snag on the object being printed, enabling more complex geometries.
- Specialized hot ends: the printer has two distinct hotends, one all-metal for higher-temperature filaments, and one with a PTFE liner for more reliable PLA and PVA printing. No compromises!
- Easy to swap hot ends: using a single easily reachable screw and two electrical connectors, the hotends can be swapped quickly in case of a problem or simply to be able to use diﬀerent nozzles conveniently.
- Reliable E3D extruders and hotends: top-quality, well-proven essential components with a wide variety of nozzles available.
- Capricorn Bowden tubes: precision made with a special plastic and high tolerances for smooth operation.
- Build volume – single extrusion: 215 x 210 x 235 mm (8.5 x 8.3 x 9.3”)
- Build volume – dual extrusion: 170 x 210 x 235 mm (6.7 x 8.3 x 9.3”)
- Hotends: dual extrusion with automatic nozzle lifting, 1 PTFE and 1 all metal
- Hotend replacement: swappable
- Nozzles: 0.4 mm standard, compatible with the full E3D line
- Bed leveling: automatic, active Z compensation
- Display: 5” color touchscreen
- Structure: 2 mm steel
- XY motion: Linear bearings, 12mm
- Z motion: Precision ballscrew, 12mm
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Ethernet LAN port, USB drive
- Monitoring: 8 Mpx live camera
- Lights: color LED lights indicating printer status
- Sound: yes
- Z-axis resolution: 50 micron
- XY resolution: 0.2 mm
- Maximum nozzle temperature: 295ºC hotend 1, 240ºC hotend 2
- Maximum build platetemperature: 120ºC
- Power requirements: 110/230V – Auto Switching, 50-60Hz 320W max.
- Print controller: 32 bits
- Logic processor: 32 bits, quad-core
- Operating ambient temperature: 10 – 30 ºC
- Slicer file types: 3DS, 3MF, AMF, OBJ, and STL
- Physical dimensions: 455 x 435 x 565 mm
- Dimensions with spool holders: 455 x 530 x 565 mm
- Net weight: 24.4 kg
- Shipping weight: 35.1 kg
- Shipping box dimensions: 560 x 530 x 730 mm
- Supplied filaments: 1 PLA Tough, 1 PLA+
- Filament protection cases: 2
- Toolkit: case with various tools, cloth cover, build surface adhesive
Safety (UL 60950-1)
Electrical interference (FCC Part 15 Subpart B for Class A, ETSI EN 301 489-1/17).
CE Declaration of Conformity
Industry-suited, user-friendly 3D printers
Widest range of top-quality filaments
Software that makes the challenging easy
Services and support that guide you all the way